Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As a Hardware Architect, you will be responsible for hardware direction for core Rockwell Automation product lines. These core product lines might involve Programmable Automation, Communications, or I/O systems which are based on cutting-edge ASICs, processors, and storage devices. These industrial automation products continue to win numerous awards and serve a wide array of industrial applications. In this position, you will create new platforms and products, participating in the full development lifecycle-optimizing system performance against size, cost, and delivery constraints. Development is performed on teams utilizing sound hardware engineering and Agile software development practices. Responsibilities include collaborating with and influencing multiple cross-functional teams, as well as possible technical leadership of a large development team or leading technical aspects of a multi-team project. This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
- Demonstrates a history of independent hardware development over full product lifecycles. Produces system and product requirements via collaborations with mechanical, manufacturing and marketing teams .
- Considers tradeoffs between technologies to satisfy requirements, speed, cost, and reliability in the choice of a design approach. Develops vendor relationships to support complex system designs which meet product goals and roadmaps.
- Leverages technology to define boundaries between FW, HW, and Mechanical capabilities to define how features are implemented.
- Develops and designs hardware prototypes to evaluate features and capabilities to reduce risk during product development. Integrates and reuses components as appropriate, in conjunction with new technologies to solve complex system problems, producing a HW architecture. Responsibilities typically extend to guidance of the design, testing and integration of other engineers' work in related areas.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation. Mentors others and serves as a resource for ideas, creativity and guidance.
- Independently delivers HW prototypes to explore performance via debugging, testing and measurement. Collaborates with FW Architects to further benchmark features before a development team is in place. Provides architectural documentation and high-level design specifications.
- Researches, considers, and explores new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards. Shall operate as a go-to person for hardware technology.
- Function as a technical lead of a large development team or lead technical aspects of a multi-team project.
- Knowledgeable on appropriate international standards.Proven experience driving UL, CE and SIL requirements for systems and products.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also, able to learn and understand complex control system concepts.
- Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion. Embraces Rockwell's culture of open collaboration, inclusion, and integrity .
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Typically requires a minimum of 8- 12 years of experience in an embedded product development environment
- Proven application of schematic entry, high-speed PCB design, signal integrity, and product delivery.
- Significant experience with product certification/compliance and EMC design techniques
- Experience delivering solutions with ASICs, ARM or Intel processors in the embedded market.
- Previous technical team leadership
- IEC 61508 experience, training, and certification
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa, now or in the future for this job opening
- Direct involvement with the Industrial Automation industry.
- Experience with embedded device security.
- Experience with multi-layer PCB design
- Direct involvement with analog design techniques
- Experience with both local and global technical development team environments.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).