Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: United States of America (remote)
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for a supporting various planning, forecasting, causaling and reporting processes and analyses in support Rockwell's businesses and regions. The role reports to the Software and Control Finance organization and engages with other FP&A teams within the organization to develop financial plans, forecasts and analyze actual performance against those goals. This Senior Financial Analyst will own the standard reporting, analysis, and forecasting for the software business and provide ad-hoc support for the segment as needed. The role utilizes global consolidation financial systems (HP and HFM) and SAP to provide performance reporting and insight on a variety of key financial metrics including orders, sales, backlog and other key financial matrix. The Senior Analyst also works to automate processes and support simplification and standardization efforts.
Scope of duties may include:
- Develop financial plans utilizing business partner input and leveraging standard tools and processes to enable clear explanations for financial performance in a particular region, function or business.
- Maintain and enhance standard P&L reporting including regional and business unit performance, daily trends, and key variances to plan, forecast and prior period
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting & causals for all key financial metrics for the group
- Present and explain financial performance and key variances and changes vs. forecast, plan and prior year
- Developing the key drivers of the supported organization's Annual Operating Plan (AOP) by working with other financial teams and business partners
- Ensure the predictability of results by driving standard and effective quarterly forecasts for supported areas as well as future outlooks as required by Corporate Finance
- Developing and advocating for automation, simplification, and standardization in reporting
- Create ad hoc analyses and respond to business inquiries to understand material drivers of financial performance
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Typically requires 2+ years of FP&A/ controlling experience
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office, specially very good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Process improvement focus and proactive mindset with an eagerness to learn the business
- Adept at leveraging financial systems and desktop apps to "drill down" to find answers
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial results and develop key takeaways and insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across time zones, businesses, and functions to resolve issues
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines
***This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation.
*** For a candidate with the right experience, this position could be worked remotely from a North America location.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).