You're excited by the latest culinary trends. You're a modern, cutting-edge culinarian.
Bring your culinary know-how to St. Thomas University where you will have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo Universities is looking for an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at St. Thomas University.
St. Thomas University (STU) is a private, nonprofit, Catholic university in Miami Gardens, Florida. STU has a rich cultural and international diversity committed to the academic and professional success of its students who become ethical leaders in our global community.
This position will be responsible for leading production in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Chef needs to be a talented culinarian with exceptional organizational and leadership skills. This individual will be expected to be on the floor during service times communicating with Martin students, faculty, and staff. This position will manage a resident dining operation and catering production. The Executive Chef will be very hands on in the menu planning process, labor schedules, production, marketing plan, and much more.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality