SodexoSeniors is growing! We are seeking a bring a new Operations Manager 1 Multi Service to support our facilities operations at Calvin Community in Des Moines, Iowa. This Ops Manager will be responsible for supporting all soft/hard service operations.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing client programs including short- and long-range planning, preventative and corrective maintenance and energy management services. This position will oversee several sites equipment maintenance program (Maximo) and lead a team of service technicians.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, painting, and mechanical;
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems and energy management;
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills; and/or
- strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Provides supervision of two or more core services at a client site to ensure client satisfaction and retention. Implements strategies to meet Client and Company objectives and achieve profitable growth. Ensures high customer satisfaction through developing team members and delivering quality services.
- Directs daily operation of two or more core services at a site to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client and implements the service program(s).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste and complies with all government regulations.
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.