Thursday, September 9, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Join Gannett, a top global digital media company that reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of broadcast, mobile & publishing properties. Gannett Product Technology leads development and innovation around digital products across the company our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever they need us.
The Dev Ops Engineer at Gannett is a position geared toward people with an aptitude for cloud architecture and automation, and an attitude for continuous learning and improvement. Our Dev Ops Engineers are responsible for utilizing cloud infrastructure and services that our products rely on. They work to create resilient, easy to use systems and processes that help our development teams innovate while maintaining best practices.
The ideal candidate is excited to solve complex problems and learn new things every week. This team is responsible for vetting and selecting new technologies, as well as maintaining and optimizing existing platforms and solutions.
- You'll build and maintain key shared infrastructure technologies listed below.
- Expect to know or to learn Node, Python, and Go. Using it to build and maintain tools that make our process more efficient, simpler, and faster.
- Research and test new technologies and tools.
- You'll develop monitors and build alerts around error conditions and performance. You'll seek root causes should problems arise.
- Optimize cloud resources and decrease spend.
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes (GKE)
- New Relic (APM, Infrastructure, Synthetics scripted browser)
- Hashicorp Consul & Vault
- Fastly CDN & VCL
- Node, Golang, Python, Bash
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Linux systems administration
- Development experience
- Experience deploying applications to the cloud
- Server management and deploying applications experience
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Have used source control (github/gitlab) to manage code.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Github Actions, Jenkins or Concourse
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Development & Engineering