The Director, Human Resources position is responsible for managing the human resources strategies and functions to support WestCOP's operations including: hiring and staff retention, employee relations, compliance, performance management, training and development, employee safety, benefits administration and payroll. Act as a trusted business partner to the management team.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for Employee Relations and Compliance, and acts as the principle expert in providing advice to employees and management on HR policies and practices, often involving highly difficult or sensitive human relations matters. This includes ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Create strategies to address key employee retention/engagement plans, and to anticipate future staffing demands of the business.
- Continually improve and manage annual performance management process including employee training and coaching, performance appraisal and personnel development planning.
- Address and investigate employee relations issues together with WestCOP's legal counsel and senior management; such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns, by leveraging knowledge of employment laws and WestCOP's policies and procedures.
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, benchmark, pilot, and implement related HR practices (talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, retention, onboarding, etc.) to meet those needs. Analyze and implement company-wide initiatives based on solid analysis of root cause issues with the ability to critically assess the effectiveness of new or revised programs.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Prepare and maintain employment personnel records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves of absence, and job transfers.
- Interpret and explain human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and regulations to employees and managers as needed.
- Manage WestCOP payroll and benefits administration for employees.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system (HRIS) that meets employment information needs.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors are informed of any major investigating employee relations issues.
- Reporting to the CAO and the Board of Directors.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with minimum of five years' related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification desirable.
- Strategic thinking combined with proven leadership skills, business acumen, teamwork multicultural experience, understanding and proven experience developing cross-functional teams.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Change management expertise.
- Good understanding of business functions beyond HR.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation, marketing and training expertise.
- Strong ethical conduct and