Product System Test Engineer-Cellular
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200280787
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide! We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 10+ years of validation experience in wireless and telecoms industry
- Deep knowledge Cellular Radio technologies, protocols and procedures (5G NR, LTE, etc)
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with testing cellular technologies (5G, LTE, IMS etc)
- Solid understanding of 3GPP specifications (LTE & NR Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, PDCP and NAS layer).
- Experience in defining and developing new test scenarios to exercise different aspect of 4G/5G cellular modem, executing tests, analyzing results and failures and identifying issues and optimizations to improve user experience.
- Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as: Anritsu, RS, Keysight call boxes for lab validation
- Validated ability to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- Able to work independently and should be dedicated
- Validated understanding of SQA methodologies & practices
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with solving problems/debugging/reproducing issues
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers
- Broad spectrum of knowledge to be able to understand end-to-end network system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way up to application end-point.
Apple's Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems product software team is seeking a hardworking, highly motivated and focused engineer to develop new testing methodologies and establish division-wide standards for use. On this job, you will develop expertise in new domains and establish test methodology and develop test concepts to enable delivery of extraordinary quality. You will work on problem solving and evaluate solutions in different layers of the SW stack taking into account their completeness and impact to the system. As part of this team you have a very immediate impact on the user experience of Apple's wireless devices worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent