Home Software Development in Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200282078
The Home Team provides the foundation that enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and building experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with their Homes. The team is seeking a high motivated Software Developer in Test to come help build and maintain Tooling and Automation Infrastructure which provide the basis for our software integration and test pipelines. In this role you will work on multiple different types of automated test topologies from Cloud based resources to simulated device and complex multi-device configurations.
- 5+ years working in an equivalent Tooling, Automation or Software Development in Test Role
- Accomplished programmer in object-oriented languages such a C++, Objective-C.
- Some experience with XCTest and Swift desirable.
- Proficient in writing tools and automations in Python
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You have excellent communication skills
- A real passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a rapid development cycle with tight schedules
- You are obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
You will develop the framework that enables accessories, iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS devices, and apps to work together to build a unified experience. You will work on different layers of the software stack, from ensuring continuous integration test pipelines are running efficiently to building out new object models and functionality to allow automation engineers to write test cases in a high quality test infrastructure. You'll be responsible for maintaining and improving existing features and implementing new and innovative ideas for the future. Our goals are simple but the task is large; craft the most amazing home automation experience in the world that our customers will love. WWDC 2018: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/231/
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.