User Study Operations Manager - Sensing Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Role Number: 200286374
Our mission is to power the technological and design aspirations of Apple through user studies and data collection, while championing data quality, privacy, safety, and a great experience. Our study operations have enabled Apple to ship new sensors, multiple health features, and numerous Machine Learning (ML) solutions. But our ambitions are bigger still, with much more come - Join us!
- Fast learner of complex HW & SW systems and unfamiliar technologies
- Ability to inventively problem solve and organize information at a high-level to address potential roadblocks and define the best way forward with rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Readily builds rapport, inspiration, and credibility across large organizations
- An analytical and quantitative approach to operations
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve win-win, optimal outcomes
- Proven track record of delivering complex operations (user study, manufacturing, etc.), preferably in a high-volume, worldwide context
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity - rapidly optimize across many variables & values to make the best decisions
Lead the team that plans and executes user studies and data collection for sensor and health technology development and feature delivery. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-discipline teams across Apple to execute on user studies ranging from small, focused research studies to large-scale worldwide operations. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Solve large-scale complex data problems from requirements to in-field operations - Champion the highest level of data security, quality, and timeliness - Ensure participant safety, privacy, and experience - Innovate on next-generation data acquisition methods - Mentor and develop new leaders and foster team career growth - Provide both tactical and strategic planning and leadership for your team and cross-functional partners - Collaborate with a wide-ranging team at Apple including Algorithm, Hardware, Software, User Experience, Product Design, Project Management, Legal, Procurement, Security, and Logistics to define and deliver necessary study elements - Communicate at the executive level in shaping feature, technology, and study roadmaps - Develop vendors and building win-win, collaborative relationships - Improve on efficiency, cost, process, and budget planning - Manage hardware logistics, including prototype confidentiality and deployment
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering 5+ years of experience leading groundbreaking cross-functional teams with ability to simplify complex technical problems/issues 3+ years of experience with leading - operationally A combination of both formal education and experience in engineering and operations is highly desirable Experience in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or Health data (regulated or non-regulated) is helpful