AppleCare Support Technologies Product Owner
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200282623
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! At Apple, we're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. Everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our internal practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it! Are you passionate about building an extraordinary customer experience? The Support Technology team is seeking an experienced and creative Product Owner to design and deliver extraordinary applications and reporting to the AppleCare management team. You will process a toolkit filled with a variety of techniques for successfully eliciting and documenting requirements. This position can be based in either Austin or Elk Grove.
- Strong Business Analyst experience and skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, quickly and effectively shifts gears to meet changing business requirements.
- Ability to rapidly understand complex business processes.
- Ability to learn quickly and easily grasp complex concepts required to build subject matter expertise.
- Proven experience creating effective business requirements and user stories.
- Quickly identify issues with systems and processes and collaboratively work with users, partners, and IT to craft a successful solutions.
- Experienced with a variety of software development methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, and Spiral.
- Utilize data, analysis, and user feedback to make decisions and influence others.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, lead and complete several projects and initiatives successfully.
- Strong individual contributor with the ability to function as a strong team-player.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills that allow you to clearly articulate and simplify complex processes.
- Strong negotiation skills required. Must be able to drive consensus among partners with varying priorities.
- Ability to work non-standard business hours to support project launches.
As a Product Owner, you are both a big picture and technically-minded professional with extraordinary project management, analytical and problem solving skills. Interacting with all levels, including executive management, product teams, Legal, HR, and engineering leaders and colleagues. You will lead complex, cross-functional programs and will own the complete product experience from roadmap to support. Your key responsibilities include identifying the strategy and delivering systemic and process solutions to support contact center business needs. You will have a solid understanding of how to collect and distribute user feedback to support continuous application improvement. This includes liaising between business teams, Operations and IS&T to identify business gaps and needs, then clearly defining the problem statement and its causes. You will manage backlog, using objective prioritization systems to deliver high value features that meet business needs. You will be responsible for ensuring that business requirements are complete and are met by proposed technology solutions. You will work with your team to establish and maintain product roadmap, as well as effectively communicate your product vision to partners and take steps to drive initiative alignment with business vision, strategy and deployment within the company. As a SME, you will write test scripts, supporting cutover and participating in business testing. You will provide sustaining support to Support Technologies applications, and the help desk, with issue ticket resolution. You will evaluate and prioritize production issues, identify their root cause and drive systematic and process solutions to resolve them. While leading program related projects, you will manage timelines, identify risks, provide alternative points of view and clearly communicate goals to project partners. Projects will often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it will be your job to keep all the players coordinated on the programs progress and objectives. You will ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and are consistent within the larger context of the program/project goals. In this constantly evolving team environment you will also exercise effective, independent decision-making. You are a team leader with outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with a sound operational background. You should have strong relationship skills, so as to represent the Support Technology Project team to other internal groups, and occasionally to customers, ensuring that our objectives are understood. You will ensure smooth, effective feature introduction and implementation, by coordinating support and communication with cross-functional partners. You will identify and communicate product standard methodologies to user community. You are a creative thinker, hard worker, well organized, and not afraid to go above and beyond to get the job done. You also have a record of delivering high quality results, and of taking ownership of issues and tasks. You are committed to providing your internal customers - business partners and users with the high level of customer experience that Apple is known for.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience required Certification and training in Agile, SCRUM, Business Analysis or Project Management preferred.