The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The increased complexity of supporting NSA's mission requires world class researchers, programmers, and system and operations developers who collaborate in teams in areas such as software engineering, information technology infrastructure, high performance computing, data science, cloud and system architectures, computer security, and networking in order to design, develop, and implement advanced tools, techniques, and systems on to NSA's infrastructure.
The National Security Agency (NSA) currently has opportunities for highly motivated Machine Room Coordinators to perform full data center management and support the deployment, sustainment and decommissioning of large high performance computing systems that perform and support mission critical processing.
As a Machine Room Coordinator you will be responsible for performing tasks associated with the activities (i.e., access control, space assignment, materiel/equipment handling and inventory) of computer data center locations in accordance with Agency policy and documented standards. Specific tasks include:
- Conducting site surveys on existing facilities for capturing system infrastructure and associated operational characteristics
- Updating access lists and rosters and control entry within the room or rooms
- Maintaining total accountability of devices residing in the data center location
- Conducting property scanning and inspections taking appropriate action as required for assigned data center locations
- Tracking equipment installed or removed from the assigned data center location as a result of planned/scheduled work or unplanned/unscheduled (emergency) work
- Inventorying and organizing materials, supplies, or equipment, using a variety of data collection methods (for example, debit tag, control number, bar code) in accordance with legal and accountability requirements
- Creating and maintaining up-to-date documentation on hardware components and systems
- Ensuring database/databases are kept accurate and up to date, including any activity that may have resulted as an after-hours service request, and provide relevant reports
- Performing routine checks of work performed and reporting maintenance problems
- Arranging for the shipment or transport of materials, property, or equipment
- Delivering; coordinating the delivery of, and/or store materials, supplies, or equipment
- Conducting room inspections and monitoring room cleanliness
- Arranging for the disposal of excess material, equipment, and/or substances
- Moving heavy objects using aids such as hand trucks, tubs, dollies, wheeled carts, or pallet jacks.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds
- Standing, walking, or kneeling for long periods
The ideal candidate is someone who has IT experience or is pursuing an IT degree with excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills who is/can:
- Customer service & requirements oriented
- Able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel)
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 (flexible).
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.