Precision Planting is an innovative company that is changing the agriculture industry in remarkable ways. In only twenty years, we have helped redefine agriculture in the US and globally. Our products make growers more productive, increase yields, current agricultural practices more sustainable, and reduce the costs to feed a growing world. Precision Planting is growing rapidly and has many new products and business opportunities it is pursuing to continue that growth. We are entrepreneurial in our DNA, fast-paced in our actions, and value hard work, innovative thinking, open communications, and teamwork. If you share these values, then we might be the right place for you to contribute, grow and succeed in your career.
Precision Planting is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a supervisor with a high degree of knowledge in the shipping field and expertise in specific shipping areas.
This is an exciting and challenging role that allows you to apply your experience in the shipping field to recommend and administer procedures and processes in the functional area, contribute to a team effort, coach and develop new staff and to foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Analyzes and resolves problems in defined areas and demonstrates solid knowledge of process and procedures.
- Provides coordination and supervision to employees.
- Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and defined internal controls.
- Maintain harmony among employees and resolve grievances.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Enforces safety protocols and procedures
- Monitors the workflow and ensures the proper positioning of employees to efficiently complete the work.
- Strives for continuous improvement in processes and employees using Lean concepts.
- Continually monitors proper placement of products for picking efficiencies.
- A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks, with supervisory activities constituting a primary part of the job.
- Leads team meetings and addresses issues or accolades with the team.
- Works with Shipping Manager in formulating and administrating procedures and processes for the department.
- Coordinates with the team to accomplish set goals including setting and monitoring metrics.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Provides primary training and development of Team Leaders and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Processes closing of the trucks throughout the workday and completes end of day requirements to ensure all work is completed.
- Responsible for supervising those involved with international shipping and processing and understand proper preparation of freight and documents
- Responsible for the Quality and Efficiency of product packed and shipped, as well as bringing inventory availability issues to the attention of the Shipping Manager.
- 3 plus years of experience in Domestic and International Shipping.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-year degree, preferred.
- Experience in GP ERP System and SCALE WMS System, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving. Able to take action while exhibiting sound judgment and realistic understanding of issues.
Skills & Qualifications:
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer
Click "Apply" to submit an application on our site today!