Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for sound application of accounting principles in Accounts Payable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
• Responds to and resolves payment inquiries from internal and external clients.
• Ensures accounting activities in assigned area to comply with Financial Policies and Procedures and adhere to accepted accounting standards.
• Develop, document, maintain accounts payable policies and procedures including procedures for Travel.
• Maintain internal controls to ensure vendor setups and payments are processed within company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining accounts payable/vendors payable files.
• Duties as assigned
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of finance and accounting system
• Ability to understand finance policies, procedures and implement them
• Organizational skills.
• Multi-Tasking and time management skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent customer service.
• Respect for all Tribal Members, Tribal Officials, Supervisors and Co-Workers.
• Presentation and effective training skills.
• The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Possess a basic knowledge of RRCBC custom and tradition.
• Possess a basic knowledge of surrounding Native American tribe custom and traditions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
. Must have a High School Diploma
AA or AS degree from accredited college with a major in Accounting or Business Administration or,
Accounts Payable Clerk
• Minimum 1-2 years' experience in accounting
• Sage Accounting Program a plus
• Knowledge of Fund Accounting
• Demonstrated dependability, professionalism, and judgement in performance of duties.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All applicants are subject to the Tribe's Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy including pre-employment screening Employee will serve 90-day probationary period Valid state issued driver's license and/or the ability to obtain a California driver's license. Must be insurable on Tribe's insurance policy. High School Diploma or GED Individual must have the knowledge and understanding of the culture and diversity of the Native American Indian population.
Native American Preference Applies: Preference given to qualified Native Americans pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Act, Public Law 93-638
Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.