* Process batches of colorant for research and development
* Perform product physical and application testing
* Record test results efficiently and accurately in computer or laboratory notebook
* Assist in the development of new or modified test methods
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Maintain and clean laboratory equipment
* Adhere to all laboratory safety guidelines
* Maintain laboratory supplies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Ability to analyze complex data
* Desire to increase knowledge through continuous learning
* Exhibits and fosters team behavior
* Ability to understand written instructions, test procedures and SDS sheets
* Strong communication, presentation & organizational skills
* Ability to think creatively
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Clear & concise record keeping
* Knowledge of standard paint testing or application preferred
Education & Experience:
* BS in Chemistry or related field. Prior laboratory experience preferred.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.