Master Data Management (MDM) Architect
Austin , Texas , United States
Sales and Business Development
Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200285521
Home Office: Yes
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple is seeking an experienced, detail-minded MDM Architect to join our data management office. If you are someone who looks forward to solving complex business problems through a governed data architecture and work, passionate about this opportunity, please contact us.
- Extensive functional and technical background in the areas of Master Data Management, Metadata management, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data integration (ETL), and data warehousing / business intelligence.
- 6 - 10 years of hands-on experience with at least one leading commercial off the shelf MDM platform, e.g., Informatica, Reltio, Stibo
- Proficient in MDM development around administration, configuration, defining MDM data models, configuring match / merge, workflows, exception handling, and integration
- Experience in multifaceted landscape of data domains and systems such as PIM, CRM, SAP, and Data Lake technologies
- Experience in building Master Data Management APIs according to approved design patterns for near real-time and real-time integration. Experience in Java programming a plus
- Good understanding of different project management methodologies including agile and waterfall
- Experience implementing MDM solutions for Product Data, Customer / Account Data, Vendor Data desired
- Possesses outstanding analytical and conceptual thinking skills, ability to influence partners and work closely with them to resolve acceptable solutions
The MDM Architect is responsible for providing MDM solutions and operating the MDM / DQ platforms and tools to meet business needs and collaborating closely with MDM and DQ development and support teams to provide architectural oversight, standards, direction, and mentorship. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Aligns technical architecture framework with requirements defined by the project, business, and technical teams - Provides leadership and mentorship with MDM / DQ leading practices, governance, standards, and conventions - Partners with security resources to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates - Researches and recommends new and emerging MDM / DQ technologies, methodologies, and standards - Ensures consistency and compatibility with all other system technology components - Creates master data and process flows to graphically depict the domain master data architecture components - Provides technical leadership in evaluating, prototyping, and evolving the MDM framework for new technologies related to enterprise analytics. These technologies may include unstructured "Big Data", data grids, and cloud-based computing - Effectively communicates MDM architecture and design details to team members, including delivery, architecture, integration governance, operations, support and services, and other partners - Collaborates with integration teams to develop master data acquisition strategies and enterprise ETL design patterns aligned with the enterprise master data models - Collaborates with data modelers and database administrators to design and implement physical master data models including performance and quality controls such as indexing strategies, referential integrity constraints, versioning, release management, and partitioning - Resolves complex technical issues as they relate to master data architecture, performance, and various tools, working closely with technical team members - Be responsible for / direct the design, development, testing, and deployment of MDM objects including hierarchies, workflows, match & merge, survivorship rules, data import / export, batch processes, visualization, and user interface design - Collaborate with various business and technical teams to capture requirements and design, configure, document, and develop objects, rules, and reference data tables - Review MDM environment for efficacy, performance improvement (including APIs), and support overall MDM data governance model - Maintain integrity, metadata, and data lineage for MDM data intake processes including onboarding new sources via data profiling to identify data quality checks - Support multiple master data related projects including Data Lake, Analytics, Data Governance, Data Quality, and CRM / ERP We are a growing team with plenty of exciting business challenges to tackle through effective data management. We seek a self-starter, who is willing to learn fast, adapt well to changing requirements and work with multi-functional teams and support Product Marketing, Sales and Sales Finance teams to deliver governed data solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Data Management / Data Analytics / Engineering / Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience designing and implementing master data and / or large-scale data architectures / cloud solutions.