UI Localization Producer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Sep 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200284811
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Would you like to be part of a team which sees ideas come to life and delivers innovative services to our global markets? Are you fluent at a native-level in one or more languages besides English? We are looking for a technically skilled localization project manager to lead diverse server-side localization projects. As an Austin-based producer you will closely collaborate with Cupertino-based localization team members and work with translation resources locally and internationally. The right mix of linguistic, technical, and interpersonal skills is the key to success. Bring curiosity, a passion for excellence, and a positive attitude to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The role is based in Austin, TX.
- A minimum of 3 years solid experience in localization project management and localization testing.
- Good understanding of software development, localization, and QA cycles.
- Hands-on experience with content management databases and localization tools, including bug tracking and resolution.
- Native-level proficiency in English and another language is a requirement. Additional languages are a plus.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, and ready to quickly respond to changing requirements.
- Sharp focus and meticulous attention to detail.
- High interest to adapt automation scripts.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills, working independently in a distributed team environment.
- Ability to identify project priorities and develop good relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Good analytical skills and strong drive to learn and succeed.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with writing or running QA automation scripts.
- Localization project management experience working with a large number of languages.
- Competence working on the Apple platforms and familiarity with Apple devices.
Join the Cloud Services localization team and help deliver amazing features in high quality on time in up to 40 languages to our customers. The environment is fast paced with tight schedules, providing a self-motivated individual with an opportunity to work on interesting projects and be key to bringing outstanding services to our worldwide markets. YOU WILL BE: - planning localization efforts, coordinating projects with other team members, and keeping the projects on track. - working with translation vendors on deliverables and deadlines. - maintaining translated content in various databases. - writing and communicating QA plans, supporting testers in the localization lab, triaging and - fixing bugs, and helping improve existing processes. - interacting with developers, QA engineers, and multiple partners across Apple. - documenting the localization progress from kick-off to delivery. - technically involved by writing, running and updating automation scripts. - expected to quickly recognize and raise issues, and communicate status effectively.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with experience in project management or localization.