Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Village - Ohio
Location: Eden Prairie - Minnesota
As a Senior Engineer, Tech Support,you will provide technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging systems. Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Provide customer support by troubleshooting and solving customer issues via the phone, chat and email.
- Manage customer interactions including and not limited to, setting expectations with customers prior to concluding an interaction, capturing the customer issue/resolution/steps taken to troubleshoot within Service Ticket notes, executing the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) process and following up with customer(s) in a timely manner
- Handle complex customer system issues from start to finish and serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple product families and various types of customer inquiries.
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Adhere to all necessary company policies and procedures, standard operating procedures and completing company/organization-wide required documentation/trainings.
- Support entire core of Motion Control products (Kinetix Drives, motors, and software); develop domain expertise within our group.
- Update and author Technical Notes and other documentation with solutions or workarounds to commonly experienced problems, installation practices that create problems, how-to guides, etc. to improve customer satisfaction and acceptance.
- Understand and troubleshoot system level issues as it relates to Connected Enterprise.
- Work independently to optimize work activities and revenue generation while providing field service support for customers.
- Handle escalations that involve interfacing with other products, or group of other products outside of their core area.
- 2yr Technical Degree (with extensive qualified experience )
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering discipline
- Three years' experience designing, starting up, and/or troubleshooting industrial automation systems.
- High level of system/product expertise on Rockwell Automation products including but not limited to experience with multi-axis servo controls, Sercos, Ethernet IP and Motion Control machine applications.
- Ability to handle high pressure work situations
- Self-initiative, ownership, excellent listening skills, and drive to follow issues to resolution commercial sensitivity, and superb attention to detail.
- Responsiveness, customer-centric mindset, collaborative, technical engineering expertise, and business acumen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).