Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Tech Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise via phone and electronic communications. They will have knowledge and experience with Rockwell Automation Motion Control products and technologies.
- Provides over the phone technical support to Rockwell Automation customers, field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging of systems
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix issues in malfunctioning equipment or software
- Support entire core of Motion Control products (Kinetix Drives, motors, and software); develop domain expertise within our group.
- Handle complex customer system issues from start to finish and serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple product families and various types of customer inquiries.
- Manages customer interactions including and not limited to, setting expectations with customers prior to concluding an interaction, capturing the customer issue/resolution/steps taken to troubleshoot within Service Ticket notes, executing the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) process and following up with customer(s) in a timely manner
- Serve as company liaison to the customer, supporting multiple product families and various types of customer inquiries Understand and troubleshoot system level issues as it relates to Connected Enterprise.
- Develop area(s) of expertise within core area of Drives & Motion
- Update and author Technical Notes and other documentation with solutions or workarounds to commonly experienced issues, how-to guides, videos, etc. to improve customer satisfaction and acceptance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 3+ years of directly related experience
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
- High level of system/product expertise on Rockwell Automation products including but not limited to experience with multi-axis servo controls, Sercos, Ethernet IP and Motion Control machine applications
- Knowledge and experience with Rockwell Automation Low Voltage Variable Frequency Drives products and technologies. Support Rockwell Automation portfolio of Low Voltage Drives solutions including network communication protocols.
- Three years' experience designing, starting up, and/or troubleshooting industrial automation systems.
- Provides technical/ commercial feedback internally and externally to enhance Rockwell's value to customer
- Possesses an understanding of systems, connected enterprise and Rockwell Automation's capabilities in providing solutions for our customers
- Ability to partner effectively with sales, project teams, customers & internal stakeholders
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).