GNSS RF ATE Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Role Number: 200286785
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's wireless SOC team. We are a vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF, mixed signal analog design, systems engineering, Design Verification, RTL design, firmware and software engineering, Test, and Validation. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We'd like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS RF ATE Test Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, developing tests in firmware for novel ultra-low-power GNSS IPs, with focus on wafer/Product Level Test implementation using Firmware.
- Strong background in firmware-based test implementation.
- Knowledge in RF testing and RF ATE methods.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development in C/C++, as well as scripts languages such as MATLAB, Python, or Perl.
- Excellent communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, and team player.
- Good background and in-depth understanding of the GNSS measurement is a plus.
- Experience of GNSS baseband processing algorithms is preferred
- Leadership and management experience is a plus
- Developing RF test procedures in embedded SW (C/C++). - Design SW Architecture, framework, and validation procedures. - Define and Develop tools to communicate with the silicon in different environments (Lab bench, Lab Tester emulator and on the Tester). - Developing post process tools for data/performance correlation. - Creating and managing timeline and tasks for multi-disciplinary project and maintaining good cross-functional collaboration. - Work closely with GNSS SW team to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet production requirements. - Define HW blocks to speed up test time and improve efficiency. - Work closely with validation team and GNSS software team to resolve any issues arising as part of product testing.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors of Science in EE or Computer Science is required. - M.Sc. in one of the following fields is a plus.