Retail Online Demand Planner
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200286413
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple! New insights have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Be a key player in our e-commerce revolution. Get ready for your perfect job, one that requires you to think and execute strategically, yet stay connected to our customers. Be a critical advocate for our customers and of Apple Retail. We are looking for a strong individual contributor to drive demand planning, with validated strategic and tactical experience in leading complex forecasting and operational processes. This role requires an individual with a passion for analytics & modeling. The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced environment and thinking big & diving deep. This is a high-impact role offering an opportunity to drive and influence mission-critical decisions impacting the immediate and long-term view of the business, advising the leadership across Retail Online, Retail Finance and Retail Contact Center organizations.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in demand planning, capacity planning, forecasting, modeling, and/or supply chain planning
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and drive conclusions on large amounts of data
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling techniques
- An affinity to "talking with numbers"; inherent aptitude to quantify and support conclusions with data.
- Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management
- Strong expertise in statistical models and measurement techniques (e.g. Generalized Linear Models, Time series analysis, Forecasting) a plus
- Experience with advanced Excel, Tableau, R, VBA Scripting, Python, SQL a plus
Effectively drive online forecasting of Apple key products Use strong expertise in statistical modeling and forecasting techniques to derive plan across all regions and line of business Develop forecasting methodologies/models that evolve with business intricacies Analyze product sales daily. Find opportunities and drive partner groups to appropriate action Demonstrated experience in developing dashboards which provides transparency on past performance Outstanding ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness, while maintaining extreme attention to detail Facilitate impactful discussions with RCC partner teams to ensure a smooth execution against the final staffing plan. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including presenting to executives
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, Computer related degree preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.