Senior System Software Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 9, 2021
Role Number: 200286861
The Apple Cloud Engineering team is looking for an exceptional software engineer to create highly performant and energy efficient systems that will power the next generation of data centers. In this highly collaborative role, you will be at the center of multiple efforts to utilize hardware acceleration for machine learning and high performance computing workloads. You will partner with hardware teams and have the opportunity to influence our future direction for hardware. We are looking for someone with proven mastery of system software development. You should have a strong mix of education and practical experience with a real passion for diving head first into challenging problems.
- 10+ years of experience as a System Software Developer
- Strong understanding of hardware components and hardware/software interactions
- Experience with Low level software and computer architecture.
- Good understanding of network technologies, protocols and procedures for iOS and macOS
- Proficiency in C/C++, Rust or Golang
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C and Apple development tools is a definite plus!
- Passion for software architecture, APIs and high performance extensible software.
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills
You will work cross-functionally with architecture, platform design, SOC architects, and software teams to develop and integrate best in class hardware, software and services. You will be responsible for building and maintaining system software that powers next generation of data centers. You will ensure high quality and agility with unit tests, integration tests and performance tests. YOU ARE THE RIGHT MATCH IF: You possess strong skills in software design and programming. You are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs. You have experience with low level software and computer architecture is expected. You have strong problem-solving skills. You are skilled at the art of communicating and enjoy it.
Education & Experience
Education M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.