Foundry Interface Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 9, 2021
Role Number: 200286899
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. You will ramp process and product yield by working closely with Apple Wafer Foundry partners. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, root causing process & device related yield issues and proposing yield improvement plans and monitoring the execution of these plans for yield goals. This role requires collaboration with Internal Supply Chain group, Apple SoC Product, Test Engineering groups and external Wafer Foundries.
- You should have 10+ years of process integration experience working in an IDM or a Foundry processes.
- Experience in integration modules such as Fin and STI formation, Spacer, Silicide, Stress Engineering, High-K Metal Gate, Lithography, Etch, CMP technologies
- Experience with advance process technology preferably Fin Fet CMOS involving HKMG
- Sound understanding of MOSFET device physics and scaling impact
- Experience with process design rules, process assumptions
- Experience in yield management of high volume production
- Thorough understanding of wafer sort testing and analysis methods for typical Application Processor
- Sound understanding of failure analysis techniques for root causing process, device issues
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal teams and external suppliers
- Domestic and International Travel is required
- Identification, diagnosis, and correction of characteristics of the FEOL or BEOL process or layout issues which limit product yield and performance - Design of experiments for FEOL and BEOL process module improvements - Define & drive statistical Yield, ET, Defect data analysis with foundries - Manage Foundry partners for timely execution of plans for process and performance improvements, process transfer and product ramp - Regular communication of the process, yield improvement and execution status to Apple management team - Work with GSMs, EPMs, OPMs for post ramp system qualifications You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
MS EE / PhD EE is required