POSITION FUNCTION: Concept, detail, checkout, and maintain equipment designs for Freund-Vector's product lines. Provide mechanical design support, as required, for all functions within the company. Participate with customers at Freund-Vector or at the customer's location.
- Concept, detail, and update mechanical design drawings and bills of materials as required for sold orders and/or R&D projects.
- Provide direction and work instructions to Mechanical Draftsperson(s).
- Execute ECO's and determine status of scrap or rework.
- Communicate with Project Management and other design disciplines as required to complete assigned tasks for sold order projects
- Communicate with Purchasing Department and their vendors as designed parts are being manufactured towards the lowest possible cost.
- Communicate and provide work direction to assembly personnel as necessary to efficiently complete assembly of the equipment.
- Support Service Department, as required, to resolve problems with equipment in the field.
- Participate in customer testing at Freund-Vector's facility or at customer's plant
- Provide technical leadership for design improvements, cost reductions, and maintenance of the product lines.
- Create, update, and maintain baselines associated with related equipment.
- Write reports on new equipment and specifications based on data collected during research and development testing.
- Conduct test procedures on new equipment as necessary.
- Prepare cost estimates to modify standard Freund-Vector equipment to meet customer requirements, select vendor items and concept new systems for estimates.
- Assist in preparation of equipment and system descriptions to be used in the quote process.
- Interface with the Sales, Purchasing, Assembly, and Service departments and the customer as needed.
- Verify equipment manuals and spare parts list for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate mechanical design activities with Controls and Project engineering personnel as necessary.
- Assist in equipment/process installations for customers at Freund-Vector facility or at customer sites.
- Inspection and Test Equipment.
- Personal computer with Siemens NX12 CAD software, MAPICS, FEA Software, Email, presentation generation, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software as required.
- Education - High School graduate or equivalent required and 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Experience – Design of or Applications of specialized pharmaceutical or food equipment desirable.
- Special Abilities – Must have excellent mechanical perception and the ability to interface with others on a technical level in gathering and/or relaying information; Must be a self-starter.
- Physical Requirements – Must be able to climb stairs several times daily.
- Mental Requirements – Good organizational skills; Ability to handle stress produced by time pressure, equipment design flaws, customer demands, etc.; Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods of time.
- Travel Requirements – Travel up to 15%
This job description is not intended to limit the responsibilities of an employee assigned to this position to those duties listed above. The employee is expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor or company management. The level of involvement may vary based on Company need and individual capabilities.
Click apply now to email your resume today!
Freund-Vector Corporation offers a full range of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Insurance
- Company paid STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Summer Hours