Perform all service functions on Freund-Vector equipment at customer sites and/or in house as required, including start-ups, operator training, demonstrations, validation support, calibrations, warranty service, retrofits and resolution of service problems. Maintain periodic contact with customers. May have specific duties when in house.
- Coordinate service efforts in house / field and resolve complex customer issues under minimum guidance and supervision
- Receive service-related phone calls and undertake appropriate action to rectify field problems over the phone and/or make management aware of the situation
- Perform remote diagnostics via modem link with customer job sites under minimum guidance
- Generate ‘Trip Report’ upon return from field trip to maintain management’s awareness to field situations and problems
- Attend seminars and technical training sessions when applicable to job responsibilities
- Train customers and assist in training of less experienced service personnel.
- Maintain Freund-Vector rental equipment in proper operating condition
- Maintain efficient and accessible Service Resource Center including owner manuals, assembly blueprints, vendor information, customer files, etc.
- Serve as back-up for Senior Field Service Engineers by performing some of the urgent tasks in their absence
- Maintain the Service Department database for customer problem documentation and resolution
High School graduate and two-year Associates degree in Applied Science (Electronics, Instrumentation, Controls preferred) or equivalent experience. Knowledge of basic computer skills (Word Processing, Database, PLC’s) mandatory.
- Two years experience within the Service Department if incumbent holds a two-year Associates degree or four years of experience within the Service Department before qualifying for the title of “Field Service Engineer”. Relevant job experience gained in other Vector departments may qualify. Experience gathered outside of Vector will only be considered on an individual basis.
- Proven mechanical abilities (basic machining, metal working, surface treatments etc.)
- Basic pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge (motors, valves, solenoids, pneumatic logic, actuators, etc.)
- HVAC knowledge (electric and steam heating systems, chilled water systems, refrigerant based systems, control schemes for the aforementioned systems)
- Solid electrical knowledge (wiring, motors, actuators etc.)
- Industrial controls knowledge (sensors and controls for airflow, temperature control, liquid flow and control, scales, position sensors, etc.)
- PLC programming, preferably Allen Bradley
- AC and DC motor controllers
- Maintain professional image and attitude while on customer’s premises.
- Able to communicate and interact with customers, field sales and other company personnel on both, technical and non-technical levels.
- Background in electro-mechanical systems, including schematic reading (electrical and pneumatic) with training in technical, scientific and/or engineering disciplines preferred.
- Must demonstrate ongoing high level of engagement, technical ability and skills.
- Must be able to make quality decisions under pressure.
- Must be a self starter.
Physical Requirements -
- Must be able to lift up to 60#.
- Travel as required (typically 50%).
- Analytical thinker, goal driven.
- Able to diagnose and resolve problems with minimum supervision.
- Able to handle stress produced by time pressure, customer demands and deadlines.
Personal and laptop computers and related peripherals, oscilloscope, calculator, copier, telephone, two way radios, assorted hand and power tools and a variety of test and calibration equipment.
This job description is not intended to limit the responsibilities of an employee assigned to this position to those listed above. The employee is expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor or company management. The level of involvement may vary, based on company need and individual capabilities.
Click apply now to email your resume today!
Freund-Vector Corporation offers a full range of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Insurance
- Company paid STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Summer Hours