The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing end user support to both onsite and remote employees to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues. This role is responsible for the effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of end-user equipment, including desktops, laptops, phones, mobile devices, audio/visual equipment, and assorted peripherals. The IT Support Technician participates in troubleshooting, training, and technical research to promote continued innovation and improved efficiency. Acts as backup to IT Group Manager.
- Provide first-level IT support for end-user hardware and software issues. Including, but not limited to, network/remote connectivity, troubleshooting, virus/spyware/malware removal and resolution of basic network configuration issues.
- Support local and remote users accessing the network via VPN and remote desktop.
- Perform regular backup and restore procedures for all files and libraries; maintain off-site storage of backup media. Including performing scheduled backup testing to ensure integrity of backups.
- Configure and maintain desktop/laptop computers and peripherals. Install system and application patches and upgrades, corporate and departmental software required for individual job functions, and the individualized configuration of corporate software as required. Includes new and existing hardware.
- Administer Active Directory, MS Exchange and XA user accounts, passwords, and security on the network. Including assisting in administration of electronic building security.
- Configure and maintain WSUS server to ensure current updates are applied to all clients.
- Administrative oversight of network applications including but not limited to Watchguard System Manager, Office 365, SharePoint, Mimecast, Veeam Backup & Replication, Security Explorer, UPS, AutoCAD, Autodesk-CFD, RxView/RxHighlight, Siemens NX/Unigraphics, Ansys Solve Manager, Infor XA, V-Share,and Spoolflex/FormFlex document management.
- Provide user assistance/training where required. Including PC/network hardware, software applications, remote connectivity.
- Create and maintain technical documentation on procedures as well as inventory tracking of all hardware, software, licensing, and upgrades.
- Responsible for organizing, scanning, and filing JSox documentation.
- Manage stock of IT supplies and administer toner inventory for all printers and copiers.
- Solicit quotes and procures any necessary hardware and/or software as directed by the IT Group Manager. This includes vendor contact, processing purchase order or credit card orders, maintaining inventory, and if necessary, the configuration and distribution of product received.
- Maintain the integrity of network security including remote access, file access, and protection against viruses/spyware/malware.
- Responsible for providing internal training to employee in MS Outlook, vShare, remote connectivity and software applications as deemed necessary.
- Provide weekend/off hours/emergency support in absence of IT Group Manager.
- All other duties as assigned including project management duties as deemed appropriate.
- Prioritization of support tasks
AS400, LAN, Desktop PC, Laptop, Printer, Copier, Scanner, UPS Systems and other hardware.
- Education: Associates degree or certificate in Information Technology or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: 2+ year’s helpdesk experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; Experience with installation and configuration of desktop/laptop operating systems and software (PC, Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Special Abilities:
- Required: Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; Strong written and verbal communication skills; Knowledge of basic Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.); Good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities; Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal oriented; Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail; Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required; Understanding of computer and network concepts; Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2019; Proficient in Microsoft365 (Outlook, Word, and Excel); Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Preferred: Veeam Backup and Replication; Working knowledge of LAN’s, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019; Infor XA ERP software
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods and regularly lift up to 40#. The ability to go up and down stairs frequently is a must. May be required to pull, push, reach, kneel, bend or climb frequently. This position may spend substantial amounts of time in the computer room which is kept at a cool temperature to facilitate servers.
- Mental Requirements: Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods; should have good diagnostic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
This job description is not intended to limit the responsibilities of an employee assigned to this position to those duties listed above. The employee is expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor or company management. The level of involvement may vary based on Company need and individual capabilities.
Click apply now to email your resume today!
Freund-Vector Corporation offers a full range of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Insurance
- Company paid STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Summer Hours