The general purposes of College Association, Inc. shall be to establish, operate, manage and promote educationally related services for the benefit of the campus community, including
faculty, staff and students in harmony with the educational mission and goals of the State University of New York at Canton College of Technology. College Association, Inc. is a not for profit corporation with a seven-million-dollar budget.
The college is located in Canton, a village in the St. Lawrence River valley of northern New York. Located 20 miles from the St. Lawrence River and the Adirondack Park, and 70 miles from the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario. Canton holds excellent opportunities for the outdoor or cultural enthusiast. SUNY Canton is a member of the Associated Colleges, a consortium of four colleges in the Canton area.
The Executive Director will serve as the chief administrator, providing leadership and implementing policies and programs to carry out the work of the Corporation. The Executive Director will organize, develop and implement all campus auxiliary services, which are not under the auspices of the State University, New York. Included among these services are dining services, campus stores, laundry and product vending, transportation, agency accounting and other services provided within the framework of the Corporation By-Laws, and Contract with the State University of New York.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of business administration and/or corporate experience with supervisory and leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Master’s degree.
- Supervisory or leadership experience in a retail and/or dining industry, preferably in a college environment.
- Five to ten years of business administration and/or corporate experience.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Ensures proper functioning of the terms and conditions of the contract between the Corporation and New York State.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the Corporation, through oversight of the annual budget, annual audit, investment transactions and ensuring that all assets are appropriately safeguarded and well maintained.
- Reports to the Board of Directors, maintaining open communication and disclosure of the conditions, operations, and needs of the Corporation.
- Provides direct supervision to the Senior Management team.
- Develops and maintains personnel policies and a Policies and Procedures manual concerning all facets of the Corporation that provides equitable treatment for all employees and ensure that these policies are consistently applied.
Open until filled; application review begins immediately. Persons interested in the above position should send resume along with references to College Association, SUNY Canton, Attn: Karen McAuliffe, Human Resources Manager, 34 Cornell Drive, Canton, NY 13617 or email to email@example.com. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check. College Association @ SUNY Canton is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.