Wallowa County Grain Growers has an exciting opportunity at our Island City, Oregon location.
We are looking for a custom applicator for our Island City Agronomy department. You must
have excellent communication skills, be detailed oriented, and experience with custom
The applicator will assure that equipment is maintained and working properly and apply
pesticides or fertilizer in fields according to customer orders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
1. Operate dry and/or liquid fertilizer spreader
2. Maintain application/spray records
3. Obtain necessary certificates and licenses
4. Apply pesticides and fertilizers at applicable rates to the appropriate fields
5. Knowledge of seed, chemical and fertilizer to make informed decisions
6. Mix, load, and apply pesticides and fertilizers
7. Organize and coordinate application timetable with customers
8. Operate and calibrate equipment
9. Operate computers on equipment
10. Ability to effortlessly get in, and out of equipment
11. Perform daily vehicle inspections
12. Clean and maintain equipment
13. Assist mechanic
14. Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications: (required)
• Valid OR driver license
• CDL Preferred
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee regularly is exposed to
fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
and regularly works in outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to
fumes from fertilizer and chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and
reach with hands or arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 10
pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. During busy season the employee will be required to work overtime
and weekends. Regular and reliable attendance is required. During off peak season, the
employee will generally work Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.