Are you a "foodie" looking for an opportunity to expand your culinary career?
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef for William Penn University located in Oskaloosa, IA. Our campus in Oskaloosa, Iowa, blends historic charm and beauty with cutting-edge technology and is home to teachers and learners representing all walks of life from across the globe.
Situated in Mahaska County in south eastern Iowa, Oskaloosa offers small-town charm and world-class opportunities. You'll enjoy the small community feel, with seasonal celebrations throughout the year and a beautiful town square. You can take advantage of two golf courses, two nearby lakes, a bike trail, performances at George Daily Auditorium and other recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about William Penn University at https://www.wmpenn.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.