*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager for Liberty University located in Lynchburg, VA. The Food Service Manager will work alongside additional managers to manage the Reva-Thomas Dining Hall while ensuring quality and presentation, safety and sanitation and will network with students, faculty and staff. The high-volume dining hall serves ~10,000 students who are on meal plans and are provided three meals per day. Soliciting feedback from students in real-time will be valuable in this role as we strive to provide an unmatched dining experience.
Liberty University is one of the largest Christian Universities in the world and the largest private non-profit university with 15,000 on campus students and 94,000 on-line students. Lynchburg campus serves about 9,000 residential students, 6,000 commuter students and 2000+ faculty/staff. This Executive Chef will be responsible for day to day operation of culinary program for main dining hall with 22 dining platforms. This dining hall serves 10,000 meals each day.
Liberty University, located in Lynchburg, a city located near the geographic center of the state, bordered by the eastern edge of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only for internal candidates as external candidates won't have this knowledge
Learn more about Liberty University at https://www.liberty.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.