You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo is seeking a Human Resources Staffing Manager for it's operations at Lions Gate Retirement, a continuing care senior community in Voorhees, NJ. Lions Gate is a Jewish faith based community, offering a complete continuum of care, including assisted living, memory support suites and a highly rated skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. The HR Manager will lead and direct the routine onsite human resources functions such as maintaining inservice records for 3 departments, processing payroll and enforcing company policies and practices.
The successful candidate will:
- serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering documents and helping resolve work-related problems;
- assist with managing company staff, including coordinating and supporting the recruitment process;
- ensure that the new hire orientation process properly introduces new employees to the corporate culture, development, and training;
- maintain payroll and personnel records;
- Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- possess experience in a human resources supervisory position;
- demonstrate the ability to improve employee morale;
- have comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws;
- have exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills;
- have a strong understanding of HR software.
Learn more about Lionsgateccrc
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.