Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced, dynamic and creative
Senior Area Executive Chef that will provide regional support for the LA, MS, AR, TX and OK Markets!!
The successful candidate may reside in any of the above 5 states, and will office virtually. Relocation Assistance Available for this amazing leadership opportunity! This position will require approximately 75% travel.
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Area Executive Chef with prior experience managing high volume/large scale culinary operations. Our Senior Area Executive Chef will be the face of Culinary in this region. You will create elegant and sophisticated culinary experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives and inspiring others to take your lead. This unique position is responsible for the organization and execution oversight of all culinary operations in the this region for current AND future business in the University segment. The Senior Area Chef will travel within the designated region; will support Presidential Caterings and VIP events within the region; leading District Chef activities; communicating with regional culinary team; will serve as cross-divisional support; will provide menu consulting; and will assist with existing account retention and New Account Opening catering events as needed.
The successful Senior Area Executive Chef will have experience with, and proven results in, the following areas:
Culinary Creativity: Follows culinary trends and innovates using local sustainable food sources, is able to translate ideas into unique menu and recipe programs that advance the culinary experience across the regional enterprise. Must have the ability to completely translate "authentic" cuisine to the customer in a competitive, international, urban restaurant setting.
Leadership: Ability to effectively communicate with unit Chefs, Key Personnel, Catering Staff and Management Teams along with a passion and dedication to be "one of the best". Must be highly engaged!
Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills (plate presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques).
Financial: Ability to show proven results with food costs, labor and controllable expenses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong and dynamic presence with the ability to be client facing at a high level;
- Large scale College/University culinary experience;
- Strong culinary background with experience in catering and banquets;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design, innovation & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, direction and training, and mentoring to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation; understands the Sodexo standards and can be a strong resource with the ability to enforce these standards and make sure these high standards are being implemented at the units;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Strong understanding of financials as well as strong analytical skills';
- A desire to participate in Chef competitions and work with social media platforms to provide press releases with successes;
- CEC (Certified Executive Chef) credentials preferred!
If you want to be part of a forward-thinking, passionate, and dedicated team who strive each day for excellence, then consider joining the Sodexo team!