Join Express Mobile Transportation Operations Manager
Express Mobile Transportation is the newest division of Executive Transportation, (a 60-year-old family-owned company) and in just three years of existence it has become the fastest growing Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) in the region.
We understand that life is full of challenges; our main goal at EMT is to help empower clients to overcome those challenges. Whether clients have a non-emergency medical need such as physical therapy or a doctor’s appointment, or if they simply need wheelchair assistance going shopping, getting to church, or attending a family gathering, we are here to help.
The EMT Operations Manager is a rewarding role that has many advantages, including the opportunity to manage and invest in our Office Employees and Drivers to help create and cultivate a healthy company culture, with the sole purpose of meeting client needs and finding solutions to new challenges that all growing small businesses face.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and Corporate Leadership to ensure our transportation plan is efficient and cost effective.
- Manage a team of 15+ Drivers throughout daily operations and logistics.
- Stay up to date on all local and state regulations for NEMT safety and Covid-19 related safety as well as industry trends and patterns.
- Develop and implement compliant, effective safety programs, and standard operating procedures.
- Continual improvement of the operation and agility to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Networking and sales for potential new clients.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources and Marketing for Driver recruitment and marketing campaigns.
- Direction and oversight of operations, maintenance, safety/compliance, equipment, and personnel.
- Responsible for divisional economic performance.
- Manage assets in such a way as to minimize operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization.
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles.
- Oversee investigations to determine the cause of problems such as accidents or employee incidents, and work with HR to set up safety measures to avoid recurring issues.
- Field customer-service complaints.
- Share in off-hours/weekend call duties with other staff members and management.
- Keep track of vehicle quality and longevity, as well as make recommendations for upgrades.
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Leadership team by participating in regular meetings and projects related to the operation of the company as a whole.
- Always maintain a high degree of integrity and in all circumstances.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner which promotes the image, growth, profitability, and success of the company.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with issues related to drivers, rates, customers, and other proprietary items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, or other related fields.
- At least 1-year experience as a transportation manager in similar industry.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Must be able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to remain flexible in work assignments/scheduled hours.
- Must have good written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Medical (Company provided)
- 401K Matching
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Laptop for at-home work (when needed)
- 2 Weeks Paid vacation
- 6 Major Holidays Paid