Friday, September 10, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Producer/Editor, Digital Video Franchises
USA TODAY Studios, the USA TODAY NETWORKs premiere digital video studio, seeks a Producer/Editor, who will be responsible for creating brand-defining, video-driven series and special projects for an array of audiences and platforms.
The position is preferably based at our headquarters near Washington, DC or in our New York City office, once conditions allow, but remote candidates will also be considered.
The Producer/Editor will be responsible for pitching, developing, producing, writing and editing video franchises and features. Demonstrated experience creating premium digital video is essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate storyteller with a sharp attention to detail, experience with a range of content including but not limited to lifestyle, entertainment, sports, personal finance, and politics. Youre digitally savvy and comfortable crafting stories ranging from short and mid-form episodic to socially fueled segments. A natural leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, youll be a key participant in content development, including storyboarding and piloting.
Were looking for a candidate who is an excellent visual storyteller and editor, excited to brainstorm and create new video techniques. The right candidate will also be a team player with excellent communication skills, quick to respond to requests and assignments, receptive to feedback, and a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop, pitch, write and edit video franchises and features for a variety of digital platforms.
- Create original video for an array of audiences and digital platforms using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Help manage publishing process to ensure content is optimized across multiple platforms.
- Regularly assess video performance, using data to make informed decisions to about format, approach and promotion of content.
- Collaborate with the team to continually optimize workflow and maintain / strengthen brand identity.
- Remain immersed in digital video industry trends to help ensure our slate of franchises stays ahead of the curve.
- Identify and produce packages of video content to support Network objectives as needed.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of producing and editing experience at a media organization, publisher, or production studio.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snap, TikTok, and OTT platforms.
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate and highly motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Editorial storytelling experience preferred.
- Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer pre-employment background check and a motor vehicle record check & drug screen (for driving roles only).
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume one to two pages.
2. A cover letter detailing your related experience and information explaining why you thinkyou are the right person for the job. If you do not include a cover letter, you will not be considered.
3. Links to 5 online samples of digital storytelling. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Photography & Video