Listerhill Credit Union is a financial cooperative whose primary purpose is to help our members live financially healthy lives. In 1952, seven Reynolds Metals employees deposited $5 each with the idea of starting a credit union that was member-owned and member-focused. Helping co-workers break from predatory lenders to borrow affordably and save for their financial futures, was their motivation. We have grown from a single office at Reynolds Metals to 18 branches throughout northwest Alabama and south-central Tennessee. Today, we serve 13 counties with a full line of financial solutions. Our purpose and commitment to financial health has never changed. We recognize what is good for our members is good for us. We aspire to high standards of integrity, excellence, and passion. Furthermore, we strive to be innovative for the members benefit and engaged in the betterment of their communities.
Your efforts and ultimate successes should be measurable and recognizable as you strive daily within LCUs vision: to value people over profit, proactively seek improvement, work passionately, exceed expectations, and make our community a better place. You will originate, manage, service and supervise the Credit Unions portfolio of commercial loans with an overall objective of maintaining and increasing its asset quality. You will actively develop new and existing business relationships. You will be responsible for interviewing and reviewing applicant information to include the collection of financial and collateral data. Furthermore, the candidate must possess the analytical skills necessary to review both the financial and collateral data to ensure compliance with loan policy and procedures.
What you will do:
- Review applications regarding commercial loan requests and assist members with determining which products and services meets their financial needs
- Be responsible for the collection of vital financial and collateral data to complete members request
- Analyze requested data to ensure the ability to properly underwrite the members request
- Assist Commercial Loan Underwriter, if warranted, to obtain additional data to complete commercial request in a timely manner
- Present completed underwritten commercial loan requests to credit committee for final loan approval
- Assist the Commercial Operations Manager with the procurement of documentation required to close and book the commercial loan request in accordance with Listerhills Member Policy and Procedures
- Assist the Commercial Operations Manager with assigning daily duties of Commercial Support Specialist
- Make underwriting decisions within approval authority. Complete and/or direct completion of all loan documents and closures
- Participate in developing lending and deposit business for the Credit Union. Call on members to expand existing business. Call on prospects seeking opportunities to expand the Credit Unions member base
- Monitor existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base. Maintain up-to-date member files including current balance sheets, profit and loss statements, cash flow projections and all loan documentation.
- Be able to travel as needed to meet with members, preform site inspections, sales calls, and other meetings that come up.
- Be responsible for cross sales of Listerhill products and services.
- Assist in collection of past due loans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of Commercial Lending or similar related experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Management, Accounting or Marketing
- Detailed knowledge of Commercial Real Estate (terminology, processes, approaches, titles, and environmental concerns) required
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation
- Qualifications for this job will include personality traits such as strong communication, analytical and critical reasoning skills along with the ability to problem solve as measured by validated testing
- Commitment to LCUs Mission Statement and Core Values
- Must successfully complete appropriate LCU assessments
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Listerhill Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment decisions based on any factor protected by federal, state of local law.
Please click Apply to be considered today!