Overview: Listerhill Credit Union is a financial cooperative whose primary purpose is to help our members live financially healthy lives. In 1952, seven Reynolds Metals employees deposited $5 each with the idea of starting a credit union that was member-owned and member-focused. Helping co-workers break from predatory lenders to borrow affordably and save for their financial futures, was their motivation. We have grown from a single office at Reynolds Metals to 18 branches throughout northwest Alabama and south-central Tennessee. Today, we serve 13 counties with a full line of financial solutions. Our purpose and commitment to financial health has never changed. We recognize what is good for our members is good for us. We aspire to high standards of integrity, excellence, and passion. Furthermore, we strive to be innovative for the members benefit and engaged in the betterment of their communities.
The Role: Your efforts and ultimate successes should be measurable and recognizable as you strive daily within LCUs vision: to value people over profit, proactively seek improvement, work passionately, exceed expectations, and make our community a better place. You will approve or deny mortgage loans, following Listerhill Credit Union standards and federal guidelines.
What you will do:
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet Credit Union and government standards
- Approve or reject loan applications or request additional information
- Evaluate acceptability of loan to corporation that buys real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets (where existing mortgages are bought and sold by investors)
- Assemble documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial, and return file to originating mortgage loan department
- Record loan rejection, specifying investor and Credit Union guidelines and basis for declining application
- Ensure Credit Union and government standards are always met ensuring accuracy on all documents with zero errors; maintain a good working knowledge of Credit Union and government standards through continued research
- Provide informed, professional, and accurate service to all members and associates
- Work closely with realtors and real estate markets
- Generate loans through outside sales activity to increase loan growth and increase revenue
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with mortgage brokers, realtors, and builders to generate consistent loan referrals to assist in loan growth and revenue generation
- Partner with real estate agents to qualify applicants for appropriate Credit Union mortgage loan products based on pricing, income, credit, assets, and home appraisal value
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three to five years similar or related experience. Some college preferred
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field)
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing, or training others
- Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 50 pounds), sitting for long periods of time (up to eight hours), pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, and reaching
- Some travel may be necessary; mileage paid at IRS rate
- Commitment to LCUs Mission Statement and Core Values
- Strong communication skills
- Must successfully complete appropriate LCU assessments
This job description is not a complete statement of this positions comprised duties and responsibilities.
Listerhill Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment decisions based on any factor protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click apply to be considered today!