The National Fire Protection Association's mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge, and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property, and economic loss due to fire, electrical, and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach, and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission.
NFPA's Contact Center team is looking to bring an enthusiastic bilingual Contact Center Representative to the team! The ideal candidate should display unwavering enthusiasm for working with stakeholders and co-workers alike and strive to provide only the highest level of customer support. The Contact Center Representative will handle inquiries coming into the Contact Center from all sources including calls, emails, and live chat and ensure those inquiries are handled professionally per defined NFPA processes and procedures within the appropriate systems of record.
A Little Bit About You:
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- You have an Associate's Degree or equivalent business experience within a customer contact center.
- You are able to prioritize work and understand the impacts on other team members.
- You are truly passionate about providing the highest level of customer service to stakeholders and have an empathetic customer-centric mindset.
- You are able to communicate effectively, courteously and calmly to customers and co-workers with varying and competing needs and circumstances.
- Quick thinking on your feet, you have the ability to act quickly when responding to immediate stakeholder needs.
- "Team player" could be (or maybe is) your middle name, and you are completely comfortable working in a team environment and with many different individuals.
- Well-versed in technology, you understand the digital user experience and are familiar with Customer Relationship Management systems and have general knowledge of e-commerce platforms
- Juggling multiple tasks? No problem for you! Working in multiple systems simultaneously is a breeze.
- A highly skilled communicator and you aren't afraid to ask the critical questions. You have an exceptional ability to connect with others.
- Your self-starter is built-in. You act with your information and knowledge to make things happen. You look for ways to improve and do it!
- You are positively curious and want to understand the mission and goals of NFPA, and how you can make an impact as part of our team.
- You own it. Your role, output, follow through, mistakes, initiatives, responsibilities - you own all of it!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Provides stakeholders with efficient and knowledgeable sales assistance for any NFPA products, memberships, subscriptions, trainings or services from all sources.
- Responsible for providing quality support to stakeholders requesting assistance for any NFPA product or service, any transactional issues and/or general NFPA informational questions
- Stays up to date on any and all information provided on new products/services and for NFPA practices and/or procedures and is responsible for asking questions and/or obtaining clarifications from the Contact Center Manager and/or Supervisor for on any information that is not clear.
- Follows any/all NFPA management prepared product/service guides, scripts and other tools to ensure high quality response to stakeholder inquires.
- Is an advocate for the stakeholder - work with the Contact Center Supervisor to resolve all open inquiries.
- Support Contact Center team members by sharing information and ideas.
- Communicate in a manner that maintains a healthy and supportive work environment within the Contact Center teams and when working with other teams in the Fulfillment Center.
- Understand that success of the team is more important than the success of any individual - strive to share knowledge, encourages open communication, and build trust.
- Constantly look for ways to better serve the stakeholder - bring any recommendations for changes to any practices and/or procedures to the Contact Center Manager and/or Supervisor. contact center equipment.
- Work with the Admin and Support Services Team, as required, to process and coordinate orders received from customers which require special handling/attention and detailed processing.
- Work with the Warehouse Operations team, as required, to ensure proper delivery of orders.
Customer Service Representatives