You're excited by the latest culinary trends. You're a modern, cutting-edge culinarian.
Bring your culinary know-how to Delta State University where you will have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo Universities is looking for an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at Delta State University.
Delta State University is a regional public university located in Cleveland, Mississippi, United States, in the heart of the Mississippi Delta. DSU is one of eight publicly funded universities in the state.
The successful candidate will have Strong Leadership and Team Building Skills and be student centric. This position plays an integral part in insuring that we consistently deliver our services to meet or exceed their expectations.
This position will be responsible for leading production in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Chef needs to be a talented culinarian with exceptional organizational and leadership skills. This individual will be expected to be on the floor during service times communicating with Martin students, faculty, and staff. This position will manage a resident dining operation and catering production. The Executive Chef will be very hands on in the menu planning process, labor schedules, production, marketing plan, and much more.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality