As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 3 for West Virginia University located in Morgantown, WV. The Executive Chef will work along additional Chefs to oversee culinary operations for the 2nd largest dining hall on campus producing ~13,000 meals per week while developing creative and on-trend menus, investing in the growth of the staff, prioritizing customer service, bringing innovation to the program and leading all aspects of food cost management. This role will also support all catering operations.
This location feeds VIP clients, students, faculty members, and is located in the highest traffic building on campus. This position will be a part of a growing leadership team focused on great food and great service. Experience running a clean, organized, and safe kitchen is a must, as well as, flexibility to work with other managers across campus.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about West Virginia University at https://www.wvu.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.