Sodexo Energy & Resources is seeking a qualified Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2 to support the delivery of Hard Facilities Management services for a portfolio of buildings and facilities with a Primer Energy Producer in Pascagoula, MS. This role will report to the Director of Facilities Operations and be accountable to be sure that we safely, efficiently and effectively deliver all services - whether self-performed or managing subcontractors - with excellence and continually improve our operation.
The Facilities/Engineering Operations Manager 2 will be responsible for Hands on supervising of Hard services operations, PMs and subcontractors.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- provides team leadership for facility maintenance services
- hands on maintenance of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, critical systems etc;
- probe potential problems, apprise manager and create action for resolutions;
works with on-site teams to achieve safe and efficient results;
meets budget and KPI expectations. Team and customer service oriented;
maintaining multiple site services including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, critical equipment, etc; and/or
- implements safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- plant operations and maintenance management;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, fire protection, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;
- business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- excellent customer service and communication skills;
- staff development and team building experience; and
- a bachelor's degree in engineering or related fields preferred.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up - Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account - multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers - unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.