Sodexo is seeking a Resident District Manager for one of our Universities segment accounts, Prairie View A&M in Prairie View, Texas outside of Katy, Texas. Relocation assistance offered.
This is a long-standing partnership at a large campus account which offers resident dining programs, some retail format dining programs, high volume and high end catering, and athletic concessions.
Prairie View A&M University is a 130 year old Historically Black College and University with enrollment that exceeds 8,000 students. This division one school covers over 1,440 acres and is home to over 150 honorary, professional, special interest, and Greek organizations established on campus. Sodexo serves over 20,000 resident student meals per week, and is partnering with Prairie View A&M to expand a retail, branded food service platform on campus, as well as to update student dining facilities in the very near future.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Sodexo seeks the highest caliber executives who embody the finest leadership skills to move our business forward. Executive leaders at Sodexo are innovative, talent driven and manage our offerings to clients by creating partnerships that result in a rewarding experience. Sodexo's executive leaders have a vision for the future and develop strategies that provide direct support to other leaders and teams in our varied operational areas while embodying our core values of Spirit of Progress, Team Spirit and Spirit of Service.
We are looking for candidates who:
- can develop exceptional client relations and ensure the facility's product offerings/solutions align with client needs;
- have extensive experience in managing fast-paced, high volume innovative, multi-unit operations with a retail dining format on a college campus;
- have extensive fiscal management experience which includes developing and managing budgets within company and client targets, fiscal analysis, utilization of data to make effective business decisions and proven ability to deliver on growth strategies;
- bring experience in the area of managing large renovation and construction projects in a food service environment;
- have an innovative and creative approaches to branded retail concept platforms on a university campus, and a strong understanding of residential dining;
- can negotiate within contract terms to satisfy the goals of the client and benefit the University as a whole.
- have extensive experience working in a union environment and an understanding of the contract negotiation process;
- have experience with engaging, motivating and leading a large team in a mentor capacity;
- play a key role and enthusiastically supports the succession planning and development of key personnel;
- can ensure the organization's brand reputation;
- lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction; secure and deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations.
The ideal candidate will:
- develop strong client relationships and work with Sodexo Executive Leadership in all matters relating to the client contract and account operations in order to establish and maintain a solid, mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account growth and account retention;
- have highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and proactively address campus needs;
- have strong strategic leadership, financial acumen, project management and strong talent management skills;
- have strong communication skills and the ability to work both horizontally and vertically within both organizations and;
- have the ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage the operations workload accordingly.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer executive careers that lead our business in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, Senior Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services. Positions are located across the United States. Continue your search for Executive positions.