Software Engineer - Audio Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 12, 2021
Role Number: 200286594
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops leading media creation apps including Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Motion, and Clips. We are looking for a talented software engineer with a strong passion for audio to help design and develop audio-related features in these applications.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong C++ programming experience (Familiarity with Objective-C, Swift and Cocoa is a plus)
- Strong understanding of real-time, multi-threaded, object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiar with Core Audio and Audio Unit API's
- Well-versed in digital audio fundamentals (sampling, filtering, compression, media file formats, etc.)
- Familiarity with audio and video editing applications on both desktop and mobile
This is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your skills in audio software programming to innovative media creation products that reach millions of users. You will be continually challenged to find creative solutions to challenging technical problems. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working at many levels of the software stack including the audio engine, data models, audio processing algorithms, and user interface. In this role you will go beyond the norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Sciences degree in Computer Science or related field or strong demonstration of a programming skillset.