Production Services Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200284082
The Continuous Integration Technology Operations Team (CIT Ops) is seeking a results driven and meticulously organized Production Services Engineer. We manage a fleet of tens of thousands of Apple devices used in a centralized, automated test system which is a critical tool used by engineers developing for iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS.
- We are seeking 10 to 15 years experience in Security, Routing, Switching & Automation with cloud based technologies
- Solid understanding of BGP, SDN, OSPF, IPv4/IPv6NAT, IPSEC/GRE VPN, SDWAN, IWAN -Access Control Lists
- Strong experience in, Firewall & Security Technologies and monitoring tools (commercial or otherwise)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills along with a professional demeanor.
- Proven ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and run multiple projects
- Ability to build relationships, work independently, and debate respectively
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining a production level site network to support reliable testing infrastructure and systems used by software engineers across Apple. Additionally, you will develop internal automation tools and scalable monitoring services to aid in operations. You will design, implement and support large production level networks across multiple Labs/Data Centers in diverse geographic locations. You must enjoy working on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth, teamwork and innovation. Some of your day to day actives will include: - Monitor and maintain a network supporting tens of thousands of iOS/macOS devices and peripherals across multiple sites - Responsible for software configuration management where required tooling is consistently and reliably deployed across our sites - You will serve as a full time, primary on-call, responding and mobilizing efforts to address outages - Willing to get your hands dirty; be hands on with hosts and devices to understand and improve reliability - Documenting and maintaining up to date processes and procedures - Maintain multiple WiFi environments and continue to build knowledge around radio transmissions
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in technical field, such as Computer Science or Engineering (or 10 years or 15 years equivalent work experience respectively) Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- - Experience working with RESTful services
- - Experience with common data center infrastructure (HVAC, power distribution, copper and fiber cabling, rack types and capacities etc...)
- - Familiarity with common SW development processes and methodologies
- - Strong Linux skills (and/or FreeBSD) - Familiar with Back-End Development with Python, Ansible.