Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the hospitalist program for more than one practice. Serve as the liaison between the Practice Manager, Hospitalist Supervisor of the program, individual physicians, patients, community physician groups, affiliate hospitals, and other departments and divisions with matters related to patient care, operations, and billing processes. Work in conjunction with the Hospitalist Supervisor to ensure a coordinated and cohesive administration of inpatient services by the hospitalists. Serve as contact to families with questions; address patient billing problems and customer satisfaction concerns; provide assistance with problem solving; work closely with Medical Director to assist in optimal service and patient flow. Maintain a daily updated patient census to ensure timely discharge correspondence transmittal, confirming follow-up appointments, and physician billing capture. Onboard new hospitalists to the division and provide continued support to the team. Facilitate effective communication and efficient organization of the group. Responsible for time reporting, computerized systems, telecommunications, and facilities as it relates to the hospitalist program.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Routinely prepares, analyzes, and creates detailed statistical reports to be used by service leadership. Proficiently generates data in sophisticated reports with graphs and charts for written and/or verbal format using Microsoft Office applications.
2. Coordinates all arrangements for meetings with medical center staff, members of the medical staff, other healthcare professionals, and other business professionals, which include: room requests, catering, audiovisual, billing, supplies, handouts, production of visual aids and confirms speaker(s).
4. Maintains office records, files, and logs ensuring information is accurate, complete and current.
5. Assist with the procurement and management of telecommunication devices for clinicians.
6. Generates and distributes clinician schedules as necessary - uses flexibility to handle changes and rescheduling of clinician shifts due to last minute changes in staffing.
7. Provides office coordination to maintain office supply inventory, and ordering
8. Facilitates clinical billing data entry and review using hospital EMR system, and demonstrates basic knowledge of medical professional billing and CPT codes.
9. Coordinates correspondence for the department and all associated areas, including processing incoming mail and responding to routine correspondence according to established procedures; answers and screens telephone calls, takes messages; provides assistance with routine requests and inquiries, and refers as appropriate.
10. Provides support to Manager and Supervisor as necessary for special projects and assignments.
- Excellent analytical, written, interpersonal, independent thinking and communication skills required.
- Must be able to be able to multi-task and demonstrated team work skills
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree in Business preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook email, Word and Excel software applications.
- Computer skills required in database management and web based analytics.
- Maintains productivity may work at times with minimal direction, must be be to prioritize work assignments appropriately.
- Detail oriented.
- Minimum 2 years in health care environment in administrative and/or coordinator role. 3 years in health care environment preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Light Work
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.