Demonstrates clinical expertise in the area of Occupational Health in order to engage with employee health nurses, nurse practitioners, MRO/physicians and support personnel and oversee day-to-day activities in the EHO Office. Oversight includes managing employee work-related illnesses and injuries; conducting employee health screenings; and promoting a safe work environment. Provides supervision to employee health staff at site and in absence of manager, across system.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Assures staff are using proper procedures for all Employee Health activities (health screens, workers compensation claims/injuries, drug testing for cause, compiling data, and all documentation related to employee health.
- Supports and assists manager with annual/biannual health programs as required including appropriate periodic immunizations for employees, volunteers, auxilians and Medical Staff members. Ensures maintenance of applicable records.
- Assists with workers' compensation program at specific site as designated by the Manager to include working with employees and managers to return employees to work as soon as they are able and coordinator light duty program.
- Helps to compile data for statistical reports relating to employee health trends and worker's compensation.
- Provides education and training to new employees.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelors of Nursing required
- At least 2 years of experience in occupational health nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- CPR - American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing Preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.