Inspire students through food, teach them what's possible through sustainable resources. Sodexo has an opportunity for a Resource Executive Chef 2 for North Dakota. Relocation Assistance is available for candidates residing more than 90 miles from the area! Our successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of strong culinary skills, a self-starter with excellent time management with a natural ability to lead and train others. Are you the detail oriented Executive Chef with experience in purchasing Coaching our teams and execute the culinary vision for our universities?
This Resource Executive Chef will have the opportunity to learn the business and establish professional and profitable relationships with our clients and join our team for a temporary assignment for up to a year. During this time, successful Resource Chefs may be invited to apply to permanent positions!
Excellent Computer Skills, experience placing weekly orders and managing the DRIVE Software are critical to success in the role. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef 2
Can you bring the WOW factor to our food production systems for our resident dining program serving thousands of healthy meals per day and managing extensive, high-profile catering? The passion to serve great food while managing food cost within budget is a must. Food safety, sanitation and are key priorities. Successful candidates are highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications and experience:
- Two years of experience in a culinary leadership role required (campus setting preferred)
- Excellent Computer Skills, experience placing weekly orders and managing the DRIVE Software
- Strong financial acumen with cost controls of food and labor
- Ability and willingness to develop and train hourly employees
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Strong food safety and sanitation and HACCP standards
- Passion for food and innovation
- Ability to think out of the box
- Strong leadership abilities
- High volume experience
- Strong computer skills
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- Have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Manage food costing, controls and compliance
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens
- Knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System DRIVE is preferred for Sodexo experienced candidates
Are you an innovative experienced culinarian with the following skills?
- Previous success managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program)
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining hall
- Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement and commitment to the campus and surrounding community
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.