Corporate FP&A Financial Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 12, 2021
Role Number: 200286601
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You'll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to perfection, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. Come join Apple Finance as a member of one of the most visible departments in the organization. Our Corporate FP&A team has an opening for a Financial Analyst who will support the Cash Flow and Balance Sheet forecasting process, collaborating with a variety of teams to help execute and improve the modeling process. In addition, this role will support the Quarterly Analysis and Reporting in preparation for the Earnings Call as well as the Divisional (Legal Entity) Forecasting Process. This role works closely with many Finance functions across Apple and requires someone who possesses a rigorous attention to detail, the ability to offer fresh opinions, and a drive to look for new and improved ways to achieve results.
- 2+ years of relevant finance experience in a high performance organization
- Strong analytical background
- Extensive Excel knowledge and experience
- Tableau experience a plus
- Ability to comprehend and develop complex financial models.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and proven ability to explain P&L fluctuations.
- Proactive problem solver, encouraged to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills; must be able to form positive relationships with business partners and peers
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Extremely curious; is not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality around product launches, corporate forecasts and other critical initiatives
Support the monthly cash flow and balance sheet forecast, including but not limited to communication of deliverables, ensuring completeness and accuracy of inputs, and management of the forecast modeling. This will also include extensive collaboration with Treasury and various other Finance functions to ensure the process runs effectively. Work closely with other members of the Corporate FP&A team and Tax in support of the Divisional Forecasting process. Support other critical Corporate Finance deliverables including quarter-end deep-dive analytics and assist in the preparation of materials for the quarterly Earnings process.
Education & Experience
BS or BA in Business, Economics, or equivalent Audit or Investment Banking experience preferred but not required