Job Class: Accounting Supervisor PrincipalJob ID 48683
Working Title: Director of Business & Auxiliary Services
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/10/2021
Closing Date: 09/30/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Ridgewater College-Willmar
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes, 20%
Salary Range: $27.91 - $40.50/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Anticipated Start Date: 11/01/2021
End Date: N/A
This position exists to support student learning and success by providing management and supervision of the Ridgewater College Business Office and Bookstore staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: financial reporting, accounting activities, procurement activities, banking services/cash flow management, internal and external audit activities, financial aid disbursement process, ISRS security management, and accounts receivable and accounts payable management. This position supervises the preparation of all leases and contracts for the College. This position supports financial responsibility by developing policies and establishing procedures for all accounting functions to ensure adequate internal controls and compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Business Administration.
- Three years of accounting experience in a complex environment that requires thorough knowledge of appropriation, budgetary and accounting systems, preferably in a public sector setting.
- Two years of supervisory experience in an accounting or business office, or similar setting.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) sufficient to analyze, interpret, and prepare financial information, records and reports, locate errors and implement solutions to procedural or other fiscal problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access or similar programs sufficient to prepare correspondence and ad hoc reports that meet the needs of the institution and its constituents.
- Knowledge of College bookstore operations or other retail operations.
- CPA license
- Previous accounting work experience at another Minnesota State institution
- Experience in supervision and personnel management sufficient to supervise staff.
- Thorough knowledge of auditing principals and procedures sufficient to assist in audits.
- Knowledge of the functions, procedures, organization, laws, and regulations governing nonprofit and government accounting for Minnesota State and State of Minnesota.
- Working knowledge of Power BI sufficient to query and compile records and reports.
- Working knowledge in accounting or a related field sufficient to indicate familiarity with standard business practices, Federal and State laws, rules and regulations along with the ability to interpret Minnesota State Board policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of financial aid accounting and reporting requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management.
- Working knowledge of payroll processes and guidelines.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
How to Apply
You must visit us be clicking APPLY NOW to apply, search for Job ID 48683. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
MISSION: Ridgewater College empowers diverse learners to reach their full potential and enrich their lives through personalized and relevant education in an accessible, supportive, and inclusive environment.
VISION: Ridgewater College is a student-centered educational leader focused on innovation, excellence and affordability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Enterprising - We are future-focused, and change-oriented, developing creative solutions to challenges that maximize our institutional, system and local resources.
- Empowerment We develop and empower employees to make decisions to best serve students and stakeholders.
- Excellence We strive to exceed expectations in all that we do.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion We seek to understand and appreciate the needs and experiences of every individual and actively work to provide genuine opportunities for everyone to succeed and participate in college activities and processes.
- Trust and Respect We are committed to developing a culture based in processes and behavior that create trust and respect among all stakeholders.
- Collaboration We connect and work together to achieve common goals while respecting needs and interests of stakeholders.
- Curiosity and Creativity We constantly strive to understand, learn, change, and improve.
- Accountability As individuals and groups, we willingly accept and take ownership of our successes and failures.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. Please indicate what assistance is needed.