You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo is hiring two Facilities Life Safety Managers at our client, University Hospitals Health System. This is a 15 hospital health system with extensive ambulatory and health center services spanning across north central Ohio, with the main campus within the University Circle area of Cleveland, OH.
We are hiring one position to manage Life Safety/Regulatory Compliance at the main campus, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center and another position to manage Life Safety/Regulatory Compliance at the remaining community hospitals within the system. Driving will be required.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
The Facilities Life Safety Manager plans, develops, implements and audits compliance strategies and initiatives related to healthcare facilities and related equipment to protect employees, visitors, and patients from recognized environment of care, fire and life safety, and environmental safety and health hazards. This position will be responsible for shared oversight of facility compliance to regulatory agencies including The Joint Commission, CMS, and the Ohio Department of Health, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the National Fire Protection Association guidelines and standards.
- Maintains contact with regulatory agencies and generates material for informative and promotional marketing of regulatory area.
- Makes presentations on regulatory compliance topics as requested by Management.
- Conducts audits of facilities and operations to ensure Environment of Care and Life Safety requirements are met.
- Collects, analyzes and maintains facilities compliance data.
- Writes and reviews regulatory compliance programs, permit applications, regulatory presentations, and training programs while ensuring all materials conform to existing regulations.
- Reviews programs for potential legal or technical deficiencies and makes appropriate corrections.
- Performs in-house regulatory compliance audits of University Hospitals Health System; Audits appropriate records, regulatory agency processes, and ensures facility managers submit accurate documents to surveyors by established deadlines.
- Provides guidance to staff with compliance efforts.
- Uses qualitative and quantitative analysis of products, systems, operations and activities to identify hazards and establish programmatic plans and goals.
- Identifies events, likelihood of occurrence, severity of results, risk and cost.
- Participates in all compliance surveys and provides consulting services to internal customers regarding environment of care, fire and life safety, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), The Joint Commission (TJC), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and others.
- Provides guidance/influence on budget related matters, including contracted services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Safety or related field and/or a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- A Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) and/or other safety certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working with compliance for agencies such as EPA, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, TJC, ODH, CMS and others, including two years of experience working with CMS or TJC in a health care environment.
- Specialized knowledge of building systems, utility systems, and fire protection systems is a preferred.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up - Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account - multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers - unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.