Manufacturing Process Engineer - Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200286140
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished mechanical engineer to lead development and ramp execution for a next generation Apple product.
- Creative problem solving experience
- Program/project management experience
- Manufacturing or supplier management experience
- Experience with mechanical manufacturing & assembly processes
- Working knowledge of GD&T & measurement equipment/ metrology
- Design of Experiments, statistical process control methods and theory
- Data analytics and knowledge of associated software a plus (Tableau, JMP, Python)
- Industrial engineering background or experience related to factory layout, flow efficiency, cycle time & efficiency management
- Electrical or display experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, Korean language skills a plus.
Manufacturing Process Engineer responsibilities include: Review and provide feedback on design/design intent of components and assemblies. Set standard manufacturing practices and independently determine impact to design and parameters to the final product. Partner with internal and external teams to evaluate design and processes at concept phase and set expectations for manufacturing processes. Develop new and/or improved processes for parts and assemblies through the application of theoretical and practical engineering. Drive corrective actions with cross-functional team members. Provide direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Analyze mechanical data to assess process control. Drive design experiments to prove out manufacturing processes or design iterations. Coordinate all Manufacturing Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations. Perform assignments in several of the following functions: Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable. Process Engineering - Design and develop technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. International travel to supplier sites, up to 30%.
Education & Experience
BS (MS preferred) in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or equivalent with 2+ years experience in Design or Manufacturing.