Computer Vision Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Sep 13, 2021
Role Number: 200287954
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering team responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We focus on a balance of research and development to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences. As a member of the Video Computer Vision group you will develop software solutions for exciting new technologies running on Apple's next generation hardware. We have contributed to the FaceID and FaceKit project in the past and more recently the new LIDAR iPad sensor and Object Capture. We are looking for the right computer vision software engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level.
- 3+ years experience in software development for a shipping product
- Proficient in C/C++, Swift is a plus
- Excellent object oriented programming and design skills
- Experience developing reusable public or private APIs
- Passion on cutting edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Self motivated
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with acceleration on SoC or/and GPU is a bonus.
- Comfortable working in a research environment exploring the unknown.
We are looking for a proactive computer vision software engineer to join our team and help design and implement APIs for 3D Computer Vision and Object Capture. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion to deliver high quality products and solve challenging technical real world problems. You'll be responsible for crafting and evolving the APIs that application developers use to build their apps, and you will provide guidance and support for internal and external developers that adopt those APIs. Your job responsibilities include working along side computer vision and deep learning researchers to implement world class algorithms that pushes the state of the art and resonate with our users at a personal level.
Education & Experience
PhD or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career with a proven track record of successful projects.